I’ve always been taught to be content. To be happy with what I have. To be satisfied with the things I do. This led me to stay in a very comfortable zone. Anything big, sounded scary or dangerous.
Today I learnt that I’ve abused the word “content”. Yes its all good to be content and thankful. But it doesn’t make you strive harder for bigger goals. This year was not the same. I took the initiative to try different things. Different things that sounded impossible or too ambitious.
Today I told myself, “Honey, there is no such thing as ‘too ambitious’. It’s either you’re lazy or afraid that things will terribly go wrong. ”
Now I believe that if you work hard enough, you will eventually see your harvest. The key is to be consistent and openly accept new things.
I’ve always been afraid of the world. Intimidated of people, thinking they are forever judging me. It needs to be changed.
I’ve listed out few things that I should start doing to DREAM & LIVE BIG.
- Start connecting with new people. Although they look scary or not interested.
- Start smiling at random strangers. (This is going to be hard, but chances are they are more afraid of you then you are of them)
- Learn new things, tricks, hacks, something.
- Read and explore more. Start to know what is happening around the world, so that you have plenty of things to talk to when connecting with people (No.1). Economics and politics has always sounded so confusing that I always refused to listen or learn. I need to know more about it. P/s: I also hate mathematics.
- Follow your dreams. Write down all your dreams that sounds impossible. I always wanted to sing, dance and perform. I want to write children fantasy books (Enid Blyton No.1 fan here). I want to be a famous designer. Writing this itself makes me scared. But I have to start somewhere.
- Be prepared for failure. There are plenty of mean people in this world that can crush your spirit. Be prepared. Don’t let yourself down and use them as a stepping stone. Chances are, their comments are more truthful and honest compared to those who just agree with you not to hurt your feelings.
Dream big or go home. I’ve always seen this in many media platforms. But today I learnt how deep is this quote.
DREAM BIG OR GO HOME.